It is not unusual to Hear tales of removals companies who were requested to efficiently ‘dispose’ of undesirable things during a household move. There’s an issue There about duties because specialist furniture removals companies are not also waste disposal experts but there is an even larger question to be asked: Do you understand what you are throwing away?
The Internet Selling World
In the last 10-15 Years, the advent of online selling and the enormous growth in classic programmes on TV has increased awareness about the value of ordinary household removals Nottingham items yet people are still just throwing them out.
What looks like junk To you could have some value.
So, here are just a few Of the unlikely things which are selling at this time and which you may have waiting to be thrown out as part of your home move.
Look out for:
- Old iron items. Fireplaces, ranges, decorative plaques, rusty old radiators – these things are all now regarded as ‘architectural antiques’ and may be worth quite a bit.
- Old 60s/70s appliances and gadgets. Your parents’ and grandparents’ stuff might seem like junk to you but now lamps, stereo systems, plastic seats, plastic lamp shades – they are all considered to be20th century design items and several men and women are paying high prices for them.
- Garden furniture and decorations. Once considered only helpful for breaking-up, now old concrete urns, animal statues, toadstool chairs and old metal chairs and tables, are highly desirable. Some will be stripped down and refreshed or repainted and subsequently sold as ‘shabby chic’.
- Old clothes. Those previous shoulder-pads in the 1980s might appear ludicrous for you, as do those previous bell-bottoms in the 60s and 70s but should you have some kicking around on a clothing rack in your attic, you may be amazed by how much vintage clothing collectors may be prepared to pay. Needless to say, they’ll want to maintain wearable and reasonable condition.
- Old tools. Allowed that broken-handled screwdriver from 2010 probably is not going to be worth much but those old steel and iron tools from state the 1890s, 1920s as well as 1950s, might be. They were probably made to an extraordinarily large excellent specification in the time and even if they are a bit rusty now, there are enthusiastic collectors of these items.
- True, you probably know that antique vintage cars are worth a great deal and would not dream of throwing away one but did you realize that classic bicycles are highly prized? Even people from as late as the 1970s/80s can bring good prices.